Thursday, February 16, 2012

Birthday Cake ...


There is nothing more that I love doing than baking cakes and I will look for any opportunity to get my hands sticky trying new recipes. I love to bake. I don't really know where I get it from mind you as my mom is not really into baking. She says she can but that she is just too darn lazy. She would much rather just buy a cake ! I on the other hand prefer to make things from scratch I think it has something to do with dating a French man :) Also I find it is so much more rewarding. Don't ya think ?!


Anyhow, the deal is is that I have offered to bake a cake for one of Eddy's best friends birthday, but the decision is so difficult as there are so many good recipes out there. I like the idea of a chocolate cake as he really is a chocoholic but I want to do something different.


Some of the ideas I have are:


1. a chocolate mint slice 


2. brooklyn blackout cake



3. chocolate biscuit cake


(source: spabettie)

What do you prefer ? What can you see yourself tasting ? I myself love the idea of number 3.  I use to buy a bar of something similar to this a lot a while back and I loved it. 

Do you have any other recipes that you have tried and tested which proved to be a winner ? If so let me know !

3 comments:

Jen Miller said...

Number 2 looks divine...

Cate said...

I'll second that, definately number 2! x

Narin said...

Another vote for Brooklyn Blackout!