Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Queen's Jubilee ...


A little aside from wedding planning for the moment and onto the Queen's Jubilee which is fast approaching. All the advertising here in London has me thinking that perhaps I should do something on the 5th June this year to celebrate along with half of the nation for the event. No I will not be one of those crazy wanna be there at Buckingham; I do not fancy getting squished and squashed and trodden on by some crazed tourist who just has to get a glimpse of the Queen, snap snap snap and 10 wounded people later sorry sorry sorry. No it's really just not for me. Been there done that ! 

Hmm now a street party has me thinking 'wouldn't that be darn fun'. Yet me thinks that Camden council will not be wanting to close our rather busy main road down for well lets say most of the day and night cause the likes of my neighbourhood would in fact party on hardcore into the wee hours of the morning. Yes I was neighbours with Amy Winehouse !! 

Whata ya do. What do you do when you are unfortunate enough to not have a garden ? Oh I got it, swing on by round ya neighbours 'hey Annie up for a party ? I have triangular sandwiches, scones, sausage rolls, victoria sponge cake oh and just in case you're worried a good bottle of wine' Annie's response 'well come on in dear lets not wait too long a birdie might fly in a raid your little basket of delicacies and while we are at it crack open that bottle' lol. Yes my Annie loves her wine and she certainly loves our champagne. I am sure she would not in the slightest refuse us.

So planning. How to make our little party extra special for a dear 60 something wonderful neighbour Annie.

Well I would like to keep it very simple so it would have to be something like this:

(source: supanet)




With the addition of fairy lights weaved through the bushes and a couple of bottles of good french wine to really make it a fabulous party and if you want to be very English then a bombay sapphire gin and tonic lovely oh and perhaps pimms and lemonade and of course pots of tea to go with the scrumptious cake and cupcakes alright I know maybe I am getting a little carried way for three people maybe the wine and tea might just be enough !

So that'd be it. Doesn't it sound exciting. Oh I really want to do this now. I need to pop on round this weekend and see if she would be up for it.

Are any of you planning to celebrate the jubilee with the queen ? If you are abroad are they broadcasting the event where you live ? 

Like always I would love to know what your thoughts are. Are you for the jubilee or just not really bothered about it. Me I am not fussed it's just an excuse to get involved styling for another event, make good food, eat and drink and enjoy some time with family and close friends.

I hope you are having an amazing day mine was a hot and sunny one and LOVED it !!

Love Chrissi x

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm loving all the jubilee events! I can't wait until it's in full swing next month!

Also, I'm super excited for the London Olympics. I will be GLUED to my TV for two straight weeks! : )

Chrissi Holt said...

Lol ! So will be my boss. I am off on holiday though for the Olympics there is no way I can stand London with so many people here !! xx

Clare said...

How fun! I loved reading about the "Queen's Jubilee"! Those party pics look so pretty, I especially love the outdoor table with the fun decor! Enjoy your celebration :)

so anthro said...

Oh this is too fun I so wish I could be in England to celebrate! Hope it's a blast and not too touristy!!