Thursday, July 5, 2012

Macaroons with raspberry Ice-cream ...


London is somewhat muggy as of late. Warmish but with awful unpredictable weather. Sitting solemnly and fed up with the likes of our so-called summer on a rainy Sunday morning I racked my brain for something that would keep me entertained for a wee while; Macaroons sprang to mind. 

With the Irresistible Macaroons recipe book collecting dust on my shelf I took it down and began to make macaroons but with a bit of a twist. Instead of using the usual filling I decided to try putting raspberry ice-cream on the inside. The result d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s. Probably the best macaroon I have ever tried lol well maybe after Pierre Herme ! 

They were so fresh and sweet I was totally smitten by them. And wouldn't you agree they look just as good ?! The only downfall about making the macaroons was that they were time consuming but oh my goodness definitely worth it. 

The recipe I used was from the Irresistible Macaroons book which you can purchase here.

For the ice-cream I wanted to keep it nice and simple because I don't have an ice cream maker so I couldn't whip it properly. Boo hoo ! But alls well the blender worked just as well.


Homemade Raspberry Ice-cream.

400g Raspberries
400ml Condensed Milk
160ml Double Cream

Using a blender whiz up the raspberries to a juice. Don't worry about the seeds they add a nice crunch unless you would prefer to have the ice cream without them then strain the juice through a sieve then return to the blender and discard the seeds. Next add the condensed milk mix it all up and then lastly add the double cream and blend for the last time. Pour into a freezable tub and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours.

When the ice cream has frozen take it out and let it settle to room temperature for at least 5 minutes so that the ice cream is a little soft. Take a scoop and sandwich two half's of a macaroon together. Make a nice iced coffee or simply pour a glass of cold milk, sit back and enjoy !

I hope that you all have a truly wonderful weekend. I am off home to try on more wedding dresses wahoo !!

WHAT EXCITING THINGS DO YOU HAVE PLANNED ?

Love Chrissi x


5 comments:

Kate @ Daffodils said...

O these look so good!

Chrissi Holt said...

They were ! I was quite surprised !

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

These sound AMAZING!!! I need to try them asap!

x Jasmine

Chrissi Holt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

These look yummy and cute... XoXo